15 August 2013

Blog Direction and Manchester Mini Maker Faire

Hi all,
I've been wondering what to do with this blog, the name and branding scream SumPod, but I want to include more non-3D printing  projects.  I have decided to keep the name, because I believe the origins of the blog are clear and I expect some visitors to have an interest in the SumPod (if this isn't the case, please let me know in the comments) and just post about my other projects.  I hope you find the content to be interesting and inspiring.

Last weekend, the Museum of Science and Industry was the venue to a Mini Maker Faire.   The atmosphere was great, there were plenty of things for family members to do and many knowledgeable people to talk to.  Besides bumping into some mates, some of who were manning stands: David demonstrating his work on animatronics and walking robots; Jamie with a stand on automation and Hayden promoting FabLab Manchester; I had a surprise meeting with Nophead of HydraRaptor fame.

Projects I hope to cover a large format XY stage using CoreXY kinematics for a footwear scanner (pictures to follow) and some PhD stuff on remote sensing and imaging, I've been working on for longer than I care to remember.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment