12 October 2011

SumPod Unit Visit

I have visited the unit where Richard builds the SumPod; it's real and bigger than it looks in the pictures.  I was asked nicely and agreed not to take photos inside the unit, until he is happy with it's condition.  Nevertheless, Richard is happy to accept visitors, as per his email:

Hello,

Kits are being finished off but unfortunately due to cutting parts off-site and at night I am not able to finish these until I return back to base. I still think even given this I should have sent all first campaign within the next few days and that some of the second should be ready and hopefully sent at the end of the week. There is a long list of jobs but I am getting through them.
These problems would not exist when the cnc machine I bought is fixed as I can do all hand finishing and other jobs whilst parts are cutting,
To allay any fears and for those willing to travel, the postcode of my unit is ########, ######. Its not much to look at as this was phase two but you can see the setup is real and I can show you the problems with the cnc machine. My phone number is ############ but when at the unit I am only reachable by mobile, ########### which is quite flaky. I am willing to call anyone in person, please just email me a best time. Please allow for time difference although I am up most hours.
I am truly sorry for the delays.
Please email (or call) me if you would like to visit and I can call and arrange a time.
Lastly the site will be fully functional soon with extra content.
Thanks
Richard
This email was sent on the 10th October.  I have redacted his personal details for publication on the wider web. I think Richard didn't appreciate the quantity of work he was taking on and suffered unforeseeable delays due to faulty equipment (specifically the brand new CNC router).

That's all for now folks
SumPod Guinea Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment